Where business and IP law come together
Intellectual property can be a company’s most valuable business asset, providing revenue and competitive advantage. However, IP rules and regulations are complicated, confusing, and ever changing. That’s where we fit in.
Sheri Higgins Law is an experienced practice with the legal know-how – coupled with extensive strategic business experience — to protect your IP assets. Our clients are leaders in the chemical, mechanical, and electrical industries, ranging from startups and small and medium-sized enterprises to Fortune 100 companies. We offer a full spectrum of IP services, including patent and trademark application counseling, preparation, and prosecution in state, federal, and international jurisdictions.
We are dedicated to working and collaborating with you to move your business forward with solid legal counsel and business experience. Business experience brings strategic considerations into the process, including marketability, cost-benefit analysis, and return on investment. We also understand the real-world practicalities of budgets and timelines and the importance of streamlined communication throughout the process. Our services are tailored to each of our clients to meet their specific needs.
Sheri Higgins Law provides smart legal protection of your company’s intellectual property.
- Strategic IP counseling
- Utility patent application preparation and prosecution
- Design patent application preparation and prosecution
- Patent filing and prosecution coordination in foreign countries
- U.S. patent filing ─ claiming priority to a foreign application
- Monitoring patent maintenance fee due dates and submissions
- Federal and state trademark filing and prosecution
- Monitoring trademark renewal fee due dates and submissions
- Domestic and worldwide trademark watches
Sheri Higgins Law is a proud sponsor of The Dallas Opera, Park Cities YMCA, Highland Park High School Robotics Team, PAWS in the City, and Patriot Guard Riders.